Monday, November 2, 2015

Project 2 Reflection

I really enjoyed Project 2. Collaborating with United Way and my peers was a fun experience. It felt like a real project since many of us will be in positions after we graduate to collaborate with those in a firm. 
Being cautious of money, providing a pitch for an idea both within our small groups and then to Erika with United Way was a great feature to learning how to adapt to what we will be facing in the near future. I realized I was continually thinking about this project outside the classroom and even on the weekends. I wanted to obtain more information and better my section to make the presentation of "Understanding Poverty" more clear.

The content that was provided by Erika was actually pretty shocking. I learned when that I actually used to live in the poorest county (Wyandotte County) however I didn't feel like my family was ever suffering those around me were. I feel like because we were so consumed in wanting to understand and to draw an impact on those who could visit the exhibit really made us as a class passionate about the project. 

I'm happy we were able to come to a conclusion using a variety of different ideas we each had. Even though we didn't get selected for the exhibition I feel we did a great job and created a interesting way for viewers to learn about poverty within Douglas County.  

No comments:

Post a Comment